Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This verse has been running through my head the past few days, and I've just been soaking in it. And praying it over myself.

As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died.
Galatians 5:16 NLT


I just looked it up online, and to the right, they cross-referenced it with this:

but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 9:24


Amazing. That is the other half of what God's been speaking. I mean, literally... that was Sunday's message. Especially when you realize that many of the translations of Galatians 5:16 say "may I never glory in anything except.." And P. Norm was speaking about how showing grace reveals God's glory (in compliment to the last two messages on compassion and mercy).

No comments: