Thursday, March 10, 2011


Okay, this is kind of creepy, only because I kind of know these people (but don't really at all - I have met them a couple times and they are good friends of Kim & Jason's). This is Matt & Amy. Last year, they sublet their apartment, packed up, and took off. They spent a year backpacking around the world, living off of a minimul daily allowance that was the result of saving and subleasing. I think they are the most adorable couple I've ever "kind of known." I have no idea what the future holds for me, but I could be very happy if one year of that future held something like travelling the world with my husband, a backpack, a camera and a huge adventurous spirit. When you all ask me what I want to write- somewhere in my heart I always want to respond about adventure and travel. If I could write about anything, I'd write about everything. I'd travel the world and put it into pictures that drew your heart there and made you come alive in a way only the Adriatic Sea or the Cliffs of Moher could achieve. I'd taste authentic food and write about the people you'd never hear about in a tourist magazine. I'd take pictures of the bookstore owners on the corner. I'd find beauty across the continents and bind them into pages where they could make others come alive.

But, I do not know what the future holds. All I know is I am called to write, something beautiful that heals, restores, reconciles, and awakens. Something like a fountain of words that makes you thirst.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you checked out their website & AMAZING flicker photos?

http://rtw365.wordpress.com/

Took me a minute to realize I was on your blog, I thought I was on mine when I saw their pic!

You'll have to get to know them better, they are amazing!