Thursday, July 28, 2011


It's Thursday, the day we officially all begin day dreaming about the weekend. Mine, I'm trying to guard for resting. I know there will be reading on the porch swing, sipping hot coffee. There probably should be a run, as there hasn't been for far too long. And there might be some deep clean/ purging of the room.

When I picture my future weekends with my husband, I love to imagine quiet mornings, sitting at a breakfast table with coffee, maybe reading the paper... or just the comics. Comfortable teasing and laughter. Plain white t-shirts and pajama pants. (Probably my bathrobe that Meghan likes to put on over whatever else she's wearing lol.) I imagine this easy calm... that I think I see as a luxury I'm saving for the 'one day' dreams. Somehow, I let my weekends get so filled up I run from one thing to the next. And while my family teases and worries and tells me to slow down, I just don't see how that fits with this season... that is for the 'one day.' I'm getting much better, but I still have a lot of room to improve. I've come to truly believe the whole we need each other aspect of marriages. One has strengths where another has weakness, and how two people can be better for all the ways they compliment one another... I think I'm going to need a man who can help me say no to events and people. Because, I desperately want those quiet weekends, I just love all the people asking to get together so much more...and I have two days to fit them in each week. Oh my. The Lord knows. ;)

No comments: