Wednesday, February 22, 2012

On my list of favorite things, high up there is making a recipe for the first time, for guests.  For guests who I hardly know.

Oh wait.  That didn't make the list.

After Kaylee AND a girl at work both suggesting what I'd already been fighting in my own mind... I am taking another shot at lamb stew.  Only one person really liked my lamb stew last St. Patrick's Day.  Oh well I guess.  I'm just going to provide plenty of delicious bread and carbs and delicious dessert to wipe away the memory of the stew (should it bomb).

After looking up some recipes online, I realized that one woman was very right.  I really could have thrown anything in the stew and called it beef... in true Greasy Sae fashion, “Once it’s in the soup, I’ll call it beef.” 

Squirrel anyone?

Oh no, we are going to do this one right.  Lamb and dried plumb and say a quick prayer. ; )  If nothing else, the house smells quite tasty (but the smell fooled me last time too).


“So, Katniss, the Capitol must be quite a change from District Twelve. What’s impressed you most since you arrived here?” asks Caesar. . . .I rack my brain for something that made me happy here. Be honest, I think. Be honest.“The lamb stew,” I get out.Caesar laughs, and vaguely I realize some of the audience has joined in.“The one with the dried plums?” asks Caesar. I nod. “Oh, I eat it by the bucketful.”


P.S.  Guess who bought their ticket today for the midnight showing?

No comments: