Friday, June 08, 2012

My dad is famous for a few lines.  You know, the ones we repeat over and over and over and make him regret ever having said them.  One of those, which I have somewhat despised all along includes my dad informing us that I have book smarts and Kristin has street smarts. 

I'm aware of my surroundings, I'm constantly paying attention to little things that people may not realize I'm watching.  I consider myself somewhat street smart.  I know how to not get into questionable situations. 

However, this morning, I started think my dad might really be right about this.  I can't deny that in the past 4 months, I've given my ss# to a stranger online, and I managed to lose my phone, which I later had to admit no longer has a security code.  It also has my nordstrom credit card's user name and password saved in it, under a note, entitled, "Passwords."  Brilliant.  There are a dozen things I could have done to prevent the loss of my phone leading to the loss of all my personal finances.  I even knew them.  And I hadn't done it.  Why?  Maybe because my dad is a little bit right.  Well, ya live and you learn.  I've been living.  And today was definitely a learning day. 

So happy to have my phone back in my hands.  So happy to have friends that would search high and low through Belltown with me to find my phone. Sooo happy to have people in my life with more street smarts, and a lot more technology smarts.  So happy to have friends who will sit for hours on sidewalks and share their hearts. So happy for coffee. :)

No comments: