Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I am the luckiest girl. I really am.

I keep wanting to cry, just because I feel so loved. I have somehow fallen into the midst of the most incredible people. Family, and friends. They sense a battle in my heart and each one comes to my side. (yep, crying at work again, sheesh, I do not make a very good front desk girl. Good morning, welcome to Linville Law Firm, hold on, let me dry my eyes and blow my nose.).

In the past few days, I have received so much love and encouragement, it is overwhelming. And not just "oh, I'm so sorry for you" type of responses, but strong responses that pick up my feet and my heart and don't let me fall into all the muck for long.

I've had texts, chats, emails, phone calls, lunch, and surprises planned. I feel like my heart's aches aren't even deserving of all this love.

Thank you for loving me in such tangible and strong ways. I am one small girl, but I feel in the midst of such giant support and love. I'm humbled by all of you. I know Father has a plan, and none of you have allowed me to forget or doubt that. I heard discouragement knock on the door, and then I heard it carried off by neighbors and loved ones... I don't know if I even had a chance to open the door to it if I had wanted. Linda seized it before I even knew it had knocked. Braden put an extra bolt on the door I think. Megs distracted me with joy and celebration. Joel checked out the grounds to make sure nothing had snuck in the windows. Kim R brought me the next day's refreshments. My sister kris brought me rations (seriously, lunch and my favorite cookie!). Kim sent love and would have mailed me soup if she could have I think!

Seriously- thank you. I am so blessed by my family and friends. I know God has used you to provide and direct me, and to not let me get tripped up for even a day. I love you, and I love Him all the more for you.


Philippians 4

Closing Appeal for Steadfastness and Unity
1 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Final Exhortations
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Thanks for Their Gifts
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love you Kati, you are such an inspiring person to know, you never let anything get in your way, and you have such love and faith for the Lord. You are such an amazing girl and I am so blessed to have you as a friend and someone to look up to. I love Philippians 4, definitely one of my favorites.

Braden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i've been reading this all the time recently, especially chapter 2 & 4. sooo good.