Thursday, January 04, 2007

Break is already over. gosh. Thursdays are now long school days. I have all 3 of my classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and my final class (history- The Jazz Age) is a 2 hour class. sheesh. My instructor for that class is quite entertaining though. I am not sure if I am really gonna get a kick otu of him this quarter or just wanna kick him, but I guess we'll find out. He is Jamaican but went to school in the US and has been teaching here for 30 years. He sounds very unique..very Jamaican, while also very sophisticated, and he is funny in his own really outspoken way. He informed us today that he is a product of the hippy period and also of the women's rights movement meaning that he is a "feminist." I really hope he doesn't end up like prof. Searle!! I haven't bought any of my books yet..I start classes at 8:30 in the morning and the two stores I need to go to both open at 9am..dangit! Plus I have been going to work right after class. SOO I will have to buy my books tomorrow because I am already missing assignments.

My Italian teacher this quarter is 23 and is a graduate student I believe. She is american, and she is a ....tough teacher. I miss Cecilia, who had a true accent. I can honestly tell the difference and I am having a hard time picking up what my new teacher is saying in class because I am so accustomed to Cecilia's accent. I ran into her on campus yesterday, and I waived and said with a big smile, "Cecilia!" She smiled and waived, and greeted me back, "Bella!" Gosh I liked her. I don't like my new teacher nearly as much. But oh well, we will see. I actually ought to go study Italian right now, I have a lot of reviewing to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update, its fun to hear the stories. Who was prof searle? was he a bad man? :-) Happy Birthday little one!! YOUR 20!! One more year and you can get into those honkey tonks legally!

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Honkey Tonks? This is why she is not allowed to hang out with you. You are ruining her with your country nonsense, you know that right? Putting thoughts of cowboys and Country bars in her head. I really don't know how I am related to you two. Prof Searle was the ass that almost made her cry in his teaching on Job I think. Good job Kati, every day you make it through is a successful day! You remember that. Happy Birthday stink.