Monday, June 04, 2007

I only have one final left- and I can hardly wait! This is the most difficult one of the three I will have had to take (wow- that is a difficult tense!), and it is also the most important for me to do well on-- History of the Celtic Civilization.

This morning was my Anthropology final, and the open ended essay was asking us what topic we would choose to do ethnographic research on, why, where would we conduct it, and how...etc. I wrote about something thats been in my mind all quarter- a long-term anthropological study of women who chose to keep their children, give them up for adoption, or abort them. It was supposed to be a "short essay"- mine was about a page and a half, but I kept it one paragraph like they asked ;)

Man, I think I will be going to bed very early today- I feel tired. I was up early this morning to study for my final, and I was up late last night watching Pirates 3 with my dad and kris. I have got to say, I was happy that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, because I had been told it was terrible. My expectations were probably so low that anything would have been good- but I thought Johnny Depp was a kick- all of him. ;) The rest was, well okay. Staged kiss at the end battle scene--disappointing to say the least, so rehearsed and almost "counted" like a tango or something. But nonetheless, I was glad I watched it. Go in with low expectations, and you will too.

No comments: