Sunday, March 09, 2008

I am getting ready to head to Elise's personal shower!!! I cannot even believe it at times....my childhood best friend, is soon to be a bride. Sometimes I think the 'future' will never come, then I realize it is already upon us.

I remember some of my earliest birthdays with Elise. I remember this perfume she gave me at like 4, it was the coolest gift ever! We sat out on her front porch with it. I remember putting on Eric's cowboy boots and walking around laughing, and his cool 'pony'. I remember playing up in her room...and crawling under the crib and dropping the side down so we were 'caged in'. She had a doctor's kit, that we'd take turns being the doctor, listening to the "baby" in the other's tummy. I remember dancing on their fireplace hearth. Kindergarden, when my family first moved in, next to my best friends Elise and Robert! HEAVEN! I remember eating lunch at their kitchen table, little pink clear plastic cups I believe (maybe blue?). I loved her mom's spaghetti best, and she loved my mom's best- we had a deal to always invite the other over for Spaghetti. I remember laying on the floor upstairs, our ears to the vent, giggling as we listened to our moms down on the couch, talking about adult life.

Adult life......

I need to go shower, pick up something sweet, and make sure her beautiful gift is wrapped perfectly.

My best friend is so soon to be a bride, and wife. The Lord must delight so much in watching little girls grow up, I know I feel His delight when I watch Elise carry herself with such beauty and grace, and freedom. What a beautiful bride she is. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet. I hope you had a great time and took lots of pictures! I love you!