Thursday, April 18, 2013

Things I know are ridiculous, but do anyway:

Take constant photos.  Of food, people, feet, signs, skylines, big buildings from their base, cracks in the sidewalk. Really if it's something outside of my own head, it's probably in a photo someplace in my hard drive.

Drive to the bus stop.... at the end of my street.  It is less than a 10 minute walk.  But more and more often, I  grab my keys, run to my car, and drive 5 blocks down the street.  Park.  Hop out.  And walk the last three blocks.  I often wonder if some neighbor isn't watching from their kitchen table, scoffing at their lazy neighbor.  It's really not laziness.  I love the walk. I just hate it when it's "walk or coffee."  Coffee almost always wins.  Especially, if it's raining.

Lately, I drive to the bus stop at the top of the ridge - it takes me less time oddly enough to get there (though it's further) and the bus is some how a shorter route than my usual one.  And I ain't walking that huge hill each morning.  But before you judge, I walk plenty once I get downtown.

Pee every 15 minutes.  I don't know when or how it happened, but I became an old lady.  Or a toddler.  I swear, I head to the bathroom so many times a day. I think it started because I was bored at my last job and needed an excuse to get up and take mental breaks every hour or so.... now, I'm just ruined.

Read Nicholas Sparks.  There, I said it.  Loved him in high school.  I haven't been reading his books for years now, and decided to give Safe Haven a try.  It was terrible.  What happened to him?  But then again, I still finished.... in fact, I read the last 1/3 of it in one night. (Which is a big deal for me.) So, ridiculous, but still I got hooked.







No comments: