Thursday, November 22, 2007

So- remember how I was so excited to go get Jason and Kim at the airport?

Katherine and I headed out, and just as we were getting near the freeway- Kim texted. They'd landed early! 20 minutes earlier than the southwest website had predicted.

Then- exit 9- a flat. As we reached factoria, my car was riding really rough- by the time we moved across the 3 lanes and found a place to pull over, we'd reached exit 9. yep.

AAA. Thank God- and my dad- for AAA. They said 20-60 minutes until they could get a truck out to us. Katherine and I realized that we could survive a day or so in my car- down coat, fleece sweater, scarf and hat, mittens, blanket, sleeping bag, water, crackers....lol. After like 45 games of rock-paper-scissors, and 15 minutes of a game she calls "truck" (the title is self-explanatory!)...the AAA emergency service truck was there! They were so quick- he changed the tire, and we were on our way home.

Katherine was excited that she'd still be able to see the second half of Kid Nation. We stopped for coffee at BigFoot Java, then pulled up at home. Grabbed our coffees, my wallet, cell, keys- keys? Where were my house keys? Oh- and it came back to me- I'd set my keys back in the cup on my desk, "mom is home" I figured. So, we're home, but mom had had to go get Kim and Jase at the airport- so Katherine and I are home, once again, stuck in my car keeping warm......locked out of the house. Poor Katherine did not get to watch her show- so close, and yet too far.

We made some memories.

No comments: