Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am waiting for Aime to come over and help set up for a birthday party with me, and I am so excited to hang out with her! This got me thinking....

I have some incredible people around me, who I just end up loving more and more! With this new MC class just coming together (and watching a couple of my closest friends go in and meet their new classmates), I've been set on a number of flashbacks...and how they do delight me :)


Aime, I met at FC United (the family camp talent show) the august before we started MCs. She was sitting behind us and someone mentioned she was the oldest Morrill sister ad would be in our class. We all decided pretty quickly we liked her, as we sat at the top of the amphitheatre commenting and anotating the function- at times starting the applause early to end a painful episode. lol. I soon found out she was moving in to my neighborhood (though I was moving out), and also was going to be my carpool driver. Aime quickly became one of my closest friends in the class, I grew more with her that year then with most anyone else (save a couple other girls). In the years since, we've met some fire, but I don't think our friendship has ever truly been in question. Aime has to be one of the most faithful and mature friends I have, never doubting me, never discouraging me...always there to love and build me up, always there to challenge me and remind me about the great adventure that life is. I love her attitude towards God, life, and others...embrace it wholeheartedly, spend yourself and enjoy it deeply! And she does. I love our trips/hikes/getaways :) Aime, you are remarkable. I a so grateful for you in my life. I love that God brought us together in MCs, and that you continue to pursue deeper and deeper, and continue to learn to be pursued as well.


Todd, another I met at MCs. I think we didn't actually talk until weeks into the program, lol. I heard OF him from Bryan, Ryan and Tyson in the car ride to the Puyallup Fair the week before we started, but it wasn't until months later that i realized it was Todd they'd been trying to figure out. Oh, how funny now! Once we were placed in the same outreach (Todd, Tyson and I) we suddenly had tons of time to build a great friendship. He kept me laughing through much of the year, and continually surprised me with his new revelations and his willingness to change. I don't think Tod knows even now how much our class needed him, and how much all of us still benefit from who he is. In the first year out of MCs, only a few of us (again, Tyson, Todd and I lol) headed into school- most were slightly out of reach in the business of their Extern/Intern schedules. In that year Todd was a great brother, and served to help keep me tied in to the year we'd just had, as we also ventured into this very new and different season of our lives...and he again kept me laughing through it's struggles. I love that Todd and I have already gone through a lot, and he remains my brother regardless of every tide. I've seen him continue to grow in this past year more than I think any year up to it...he is becoming such an incredible man, and brother, and leader, and many of us see it. He is an outgoing entertainer, that everyone knows, but he is also a quiet and strong leader...in the past months I've seen it more and more.

more to come (but I MUST get back to my homework)...

I am a blessed young woman.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you've been tagged over at www.ismellbooks.blogspot.com

love you, mean it.