Friday, January 02, 2009

I'm excited for a new year! At the Vision Banquet two nights ago, Pastor Norm announced our theme: Emmanual, Touched by the Eternal. I was shocked by how much the things he shared spoke right to my present situation and struggles. And then I laughed at my own shock, how many times must the Lord use people to speak right to me for me to stop being surprised by it? This is going to be a great year, I know it. I've already had to do some fighting over my heart and thoughts, but I'm encouraged by that. I want progress, I want victories, and those usually take battles. Obviously, there are some great things looming in this coming year if these problems are guarding it's very entrance. A primary lesson you learn in Strategic Life Training (SCS's two year course on worldview and, how to live strategically) is "Power is guarded by Problems." :)

I want to know the fullness of Emmanuel, "God with us."

1 comment:

Rachel Sarah said...

"Power is guarded by problems"... that explains some things for me. Thanks!