Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You know how the Proverbs 31 woman's children rise up and call her blessed? I may not sit here at my desk as the Proverbs 31 woman (or else I would already be ready for tomorrow's midterm, and I could laugh at the day to come, ;) ya hear me?), but I am right now assured that my children will one day look at the life I've lived and the many friends that shed a little water on my garden, and they will call me blessed.

I need to be delving into my studies right now, but I am so moved by the goodness of God to me, to have given me deep and real relationships, relationships on so many levels, and with people at so many stages of their lives- people who can refresh me with their innocence and excitement; people who can lead me with their insight and wisdom; people who can hear me in my cries and hold me in my storms, their feet never moving and their hearts never swaying, people who held me before I had words to tell them what they'd someday mean to me, the ones who look back today and tell me what my childish temper was like, and my child-like kisses, people to tell me I have a hope and a future, and that my children will one day rise up and call me blessed.


I am blessed, protected, guided, encouraged, surrounded, reminded, restored, refreshed, heard, held, touched.

Thank you Lord, for these friends.

No comments: