Friday, April 24, 2009

Time to dream again.

I'd ask, "ever have those days (weeks, months) where you just want to cry? The ones where you forget the deadline, oversleep, seem off with your friends, or simply feel you haven't seen them in ages? The season where you feel the things you are waiting for will never happen?" Was that a yes? Well, that is why I decided to not even ask. It seems like a lot of people around me are going through this same sort of feelings- like something is close, but not close and its easy to get disheartened.

I've been there for a few days, and I don't think my dad even knew what to do with a 'depressed kati.' But yesterday I started to pull out of it. I just decided to refocus for the present, this moment, this day, this adventure. I am here, and I am going to enjoy every detail of it. Yesterday was a choice, today it is more of a natural joy moving through me.

I had a very productive day, and even an hour to semi-nap in the sun (with my architecture book beside me....somehow assuring me that I was somewhat studying- or not). I just enjoyed a delicious steak dinner and amazing salad (I literally just ate some of the lettuce all alone because it was so sweet and refreshing!). I'm now cleaning the kitchen and making sweet tea....

...and midway through (the dishwasher door is still open and the tea is boiling on the stove) I just felt like dreaming. Maybe part of it is the George Strait playing pleasantly in the room :) It's good to be here, to be in this season of my life with all its uncertainties and daily changes. Its good to have made new close friends in the past months. It is good. And its good to let myself dream.......

1 comment:

samara said...

wow... thanks kati - love it!