Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Just a quick vent.

Why hasn't Nicholas Sparks made any mention of a new book yet!? Huh? I know how it goes. I know he will begin making talk of it right about now and I will spend much of my summer wanting desperately to get my hands on it. At the end of the summer he will even pre-release the first chapter and I will excitedly eat it up. Then, I will return to classes and right as I start to get overloaded with homework and reading assignments, the book will be released. I will make time THAT day to drive to Barnes & Noble and appreciate the displays of it that line the front entrance. I will grab my own beautiful hard bound copy and get in line to purchase it. I will carry it with pride out to my car, set the bag carefully on the back seat. Drive home, take it out, remove any price stickers with the utmost care. Then I will place it on the bottom shelf with all his others and wait for Thanksgiving to finally get to read it! Oh, there will be a number of cases during that time that I will pull it out, thumb through it, smell it, touch the pages, even re-read the back and study the front cover for hints. I'll ponder why he chose that picture. Where is the place on the cover? What is it a symbol of? But I will set it back on the shelf and force myself to wait.

As of now, no mention of another book.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY WORD!!!! I'm not kidding you one bit, I JUST came from his website before checking your blog to see what his new release would be. CRAZY!!! I also went to Francine Rivers page and was of course sorely disappointed that she has not written any new novels. Boo.

Unknown said...

OK - update:

NS website is not current.

Here's to make your day:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Last-Song/Nicholas-Sparks/e/9780446547567/?itm=1

Releases Sept 2009 :-)

Love you!

Katrina Hope said...

OH! WHy hasn't he updated on that! Because on his news page there is some reference about Mily Cyrus commenting on the project with Sparks and something about "The Last Song." I assumed perhaps she was doing a song for Dear John's film. :0

Anonymous said...

You too are obsessed. I worry.
Kristin