Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer.

I celebrated summer break on Saturday by sleeping in. It was unbelievable. I dedicated the whole day to rest and forced myself not to think much of my coming to-do list. Katherine and Kolleen and I went grocery shopping, took my car to be cleaned, we vacuumed it and went to Alderwood Mall to get my laptop fixed.

Then it was off to the Sounders Game! I had an absolute blast with three of my best friends downtown. We wandered looking for food and came across the Sounders Marching Band and "March to Qwest" that we had known nothing about. Quite a way to put you in the mood for a good match! We found gelato--- amazing gelato! And ended up being food in the stadium. The first half especially was so exciting, and we won 2-1!

Sunday, work (with Morgan, which made it pretty enjoyable) and much more excitement to be expounded on later.


Monday, I worked from home and spent a remarkable number of hours in or on my bed. :0

Tuesday I went into work early (got coffee with Abby on the way) and got what I needed to done, had lunch with Rosie and Abby and then with Morgan (lol). Came home, and ended up taking a three hour nap! (Wasn't expecting that). Then woke up just in time to run to Jeff and Elise's. Last night was our first session of Financial Peace University. As well, I think it was our first time hanging out as "the neighborhood" with out new addition of Aime. :) Elise made delicious homemade pizzas before and we got to catch up some and talk about the exciting wedding plans.

Before everyone else got there, Elise pulled me around to her desk and pulled out two tickets---- I looked at them and the hugest smile snuck out, "how'd you get them?" She said, "I bought two more for another night." That is right, Elise and I are going to see Wicked in October!!!!! If you didn't know, I have wanted to see this broadway show for close to 4 years! Awww, I am very excited for our date night! Thank you Elise!!!

Then on to FPU, I am so excited about this class. One session in and I surprising don't feel depressed, but really hopeful. I am so grateful that I am going to get practical financial tools at such a young age. He shows how small things in our twenties can really make an impressive impact on our future.

1 comment:

kaylee@life chasers said...

I'm loving the updates:)
Are you guys doing a private FPU class? (By private I mean not at the church).