Saturday, June 27, 2009

Life is full of decisions.

I suppose this is a blessing. I know it is. God chose to give us a free will. He chose to let us make decisions. And at times, He lays two options before us and says, I'll bless either one, now you choose. I don't know why these moments are so hard for me, why it is so difficult for me to look at my own heart and search for which direction I want to take. But it is.

I don't know if I have ever felt like I've had more decisions to make. Like life is truly FULL of decisions. I suppose these questions are always there, but its easy to begin living life on autopilot, continuing in what you've been doing. Comfortable. I don't want to be comfortable in life, or life by default. But decisions are so stink'n hard. And I don't want to miss the Lord in my life, moreover, I don't want to miss the BEST.

In the midst of this season, it's been such a blessing to come to Tennessee for a spell. I've slept more this week already then the past month I think. And after sleeping for long hours, I wake up and still have time to spend hours with the Lord.

He has always been faithful, faithful to lead me. And I'm resting in that...keeping my eyes on His face, and not on the waves.

I've noticed in the midst of these decisions, He's been bringing me back to the bigger picture. The prophetic words spoken over my life have suddenly taken on greater weight, and the passions that break me open are constantly before me. Conversations have been coming up every day reminding me of the life I want to live, a life of sacrifice and passion, that takes risks and has costs, and pays highly. Its coming back to the basics, love that fits the bill.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those decisions are you writing your story. It's awesome to want God's best but don't be afraid to make mistakes. We learn from those. And it keeps the story interesting! : )

Anonymous said...

That was me. Kristin.

Katrina Hope said...

Kristin,

I think I'm nick-naming you Ghandi...this week you've become a well of deep reflections and wise council :) lol.

Maybe I'll pick a Christian philospher,....Ghandi just has so many great quotes! lol.... want to be CS Lewis? You know me deep affections for him ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay. But only if you keep it between you and me. I have a rebellious image to keep up. : )

Katrina Hope said...

deal. no one else will ever know. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you two are hilarious. We won't tell anybody else, OK? Kati,
when am I going to get my $50 from Morgan & Amy?????????? :-P

Katrina Hope said...

Oh- I forgot! :0