Tuesday, November 27, 2012

You know those moments when you remember you are not God?  I had one.  This morning in the shower I think I was holding a bit of court in my head and suddenly I remembered I'm not God. And it felt oh so good, because honestly, there's a lot of crap out there I think I'd need to deal with.  So happy I don't have to.  I got out and got ready for my day feeling quite a bit lighter.  Maybe "lighter" isn't the right word, there was still a lot weighing on me.  A lot has been weighing on me.  And they are good things, but they are heavy.

I found myself with extra time this morning; I poured my coffee, buttered my toast and opened up Streams in the Desert for November 27th.  The message?  Nothing is impossible.  We could pile on every detail and block we see and it wouldn't outweigh His ability.  And with that, I took a deep breath and decided to not give up and to not let go.

Glad I am not God.  Glad He is.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too ;-)