Friday, March 29, 2013

Thoughts I have. 

I have a lot of them.  I wrote a post a couple weeks ago about Meg's hair.  I never had a chance to type it out of course - but it was there in written, mental form.  (note, mental.)  Her hair is luxurious.  It's amazing.  There is so much of it.  And it will hold a curl from dawn to two dusks! I see it pre-coffee from time to time and its unicorn-like-wild-glory compels me to awe and anger.

Learning.  Odd how terrifying the idea of learning something new can become as we grow older.  And exciting.  But unlike the first 18-22 years of our life, we have to choose to want to learn.  Choose to be excited.  Choose to be confident that we can learn. We psych ourselves out and then we lose out - because we've forgotten how incredible it feels in that very moment when you just discover something you had never known before! It lasts only seconds. But it's a rush to the head! I'm not talking about when someone tells you how to do it - I'm referring to the experience of struggling to comprehend, to appropriate and to apply a new concept to your daily life, be it in work, relationships, home organization or your own mental world.

No comments: