Thursday, June 05, 2008

This is Tyson, today I am standing in for Kati so pay double attention to the nuggets of wisdom flowing from my fingers. For these next few minutes you will all be subjected to different thoughts that have occurred to me. Unfortunately for you, you all are a captive audience, so here goes:

School is almost out and this caused me to wonder, why do we perpetuate this system? Who really uses any of the stuff that they force feed us. I surely will not be ever using the anything from Geology 101. I mean, they are rocks for crying out loud! If rocks excite you then you are so far beyond any help that... Sorry, tangent. Anyway, why do we have to go to school for 4 years. I mean the stuff that I will truly need in my occupation I could finish in a year and save myself 3 years of trouble and more money than I even want to think about. The system pushes us to the brink of insanity and they wonder why so many college kids end up moving back in with their parents and...and... It just occurred to me that I never left home. Thats depressing. Wow, I just lost all feeling in my extremities. What just happened to me? Abandon ship! Mayday!

Second thought. Whats up with shaving? I mean, apparently, from the stuff I have been fed the last few years in college, for millions of years, we didn't shave. I mean, why the sudden rush towards hairlessness???!!!! All it has really given us is a face full of razor burn and nothing else. I think that we should move back towards our beginnings. Come on men, rise up and reject the razor!!!! This is the new movement against repression. For too long have our facial hairs been downtrodden and forced into hiding. Why? All because somewhere along the line, someone decided to force us into this prison of sorts.

Third thought, with summer approaching it means one thing- mowing the lawn. This ritual of suburban peer pressure affects millions of people around the world. Once again, no one really knows why we do this, but men and women around the world slave over the tiny little plants in front of their house. It has become the status symbol that all are judged by. Brown lawn with gravel scattered throughout? You are a redneck who cares nothing about image or your poor neighbors who have to look at it. Mostly green with the occasional brown spot? You care somewhat but you are unable to control your dog? Decent green lawn? You have a start, and a little more work will push you to the top. Lush green grass, worthy of existing on the front lawn of the White House? You are the king of the neighborhood. All others bow down before the majesty that is you. You are the crown jewel of the neighborhood association and you mock all those simpletons who aspire to live up to your level of lawn expertise.


Anyway, these are some random thoughts that entered my twisted mind on this rainy Thursday. I hope that I have not bored you to the brink of sanity, but even if I had, this is not my blog so it doesn't matter to me if you come back. And who knows, maybe I will be back again sometime soon.

Tyson

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo!! Loved the post Tyson! You should start a blog of your own now!!

Katrina Hope said...

Haha, glad you liked my guest blogger. Maybe I'll even let him read my blog someday, lol. I told him he can see his comments at least.

I think we'll bring him back as a guest again. Today was my last day of classes (and Braden's) and the three of us ended up with a couple hours to spare...Ty ended up blogging, I read, and Braden actually studied....with lots of talking.

Morgan said...

that was funny. and for the record...men with facial hair just aren't as attractive. they say they don't care what girls think- but they do.

Anonymous said...

wow... that was hilarious.
~ morgan

Anonymous said...

haha tyson, you are so funny and so..... contemplative. i look forward to your next post. =)
~ash

Rachel Sarah said...

hmmmmm... after you're married, Tyson, we'll revisit the shaving issue. John n Rachel

Anonymous said...

He is good looking too. Many a spilled drink well test to that. But he well get better with time. Not spillings drinks, that is.

Katrina Hope said...

that last anonymous comment is my new reader I believe...."sister" hee hee. Only two people know of that story I think, one is my mom (who that comment does NOT sound like) and the other is...

Actually three...because kris knows too....perhaps Kris actually read my blog..???

"WHOOOOO ARE YOU?" (Sung to the tune of the opening of CSI)

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha this is a good one! Tyson makes me laugh...
so do you Shane its just hearing his writing sounds so much like his talking!

<3 Toni