Wednesday, June 18, 2008



Tonight is my first game with my summer womens' league. I am very excited, and also nervous. I'm a little nervous to come back in a less than glorious state (I am VERY out of shape and practice).

I have to go buy new cleats between work and the game too- not the best thing to wear new cleats in a game...but oh well. I think I actually threw my old ones away - they'd seen their day. I loved them dearly :)

It is going to be great though- to be back out on the field, with teammates, a good opponent, and a ref :) Most of the girls on the team played for Crossfire United (my old team), though some of them came after I left for MCs. I am excited to see them all again, a couple in paricular! So, pray tonight that I do not die, or pull a muscle. Funny how your priorities change...a few years ago I wouldn't even be worrying about getting overly tired or pulling a muscle, I'd just be focusing on getting a goal (or an assist, which was more common for me). I know our assistant coach is coaching us, but I am really hoping to see John, the old head coach at one of the games. He was the best coach I ever had (and I had quite a few!).

Love ya all. My game is local, so if you'd like to come this evening, call my cell.

3 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

We lost miserably :( 0-5.

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that picture of the little girl blasting the soccer ball !!!! Love Ya, Dad:-)

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that picture of the little girl blasting the soccer ball !!!! Love Ya, Dad:-)