Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I need to get cracking on my final, final (haha), but first I want to clear my mind with a little blogging. I turned in my writing portfolio today (at 2:02pm!), and I should feel great about that, but I don't. I know that I didn't do a couple short story reviews (I'd misunderstood something in the quarter and thought I didn't have to do them all, but apparently I did just some could be shorter). When I turned in my journal today, there were still 3 undone I believe. Also, I had emailed my teacher a question about a way I was considering structuring my story, and never saw her reply. When I got there she told me she'd emailed me, strongly suggesting I did not reformat it that way. Not hearing back, I chose to do it. Fantastic. She actually called it a "cheap trick." Ouch. I myself had thought the idea a bit of a crutch, and had fought it all along when a friend first recommnded, but then in the end I felt it would help the clarity of time in the story and so I did it. :(

Anyways, I don't want to blog about that. I want to blog about PEOPLE. I have begun dreading the end of the Christmas play, because I will miss getting to spend time with all these people. There are several of them that I really like but don't ever hang out with, and others who I try to, but in regular life there is no way I'd get to see them for multiple hours twice a week!

I chose to do the play completely out of obedience to the Lord. I felt clearly that he was telling me to do it, and I was excited about taking this new risk. When I got the piece of the script they wanted me to audition with, I cried. Suzanna's process mirrored what God had been doing in me, weeding out the old voices I was still listening to in my head and teaching me to only listen to His voice.

With that said, I didn't go in to the play with my main thoughts on how much fun I was going ot have with the others....but I am coming out of it so blessed with the people. I love Mara Baker (I know she doesn't read this, lol). She is an incredible person and I have always thought that, but I have never really spent much time with her (besides when she was an extern my student year). I see a lot of strength and grace in her, and I love being around her. She is a rare image of a young woman who simply, is. And that is beautiful to see.

And Ashley, I have had so much fun with you!! You make me laugh all the time and you are so encouraging. I love your "surely we can do it" attitude to life! And Esther, you are on of the coolest people, that's usually what I think when I see you. Just like a 3rd grader would say about the highschoolers, lol. You are bold and unique and I admire it. And todd, and rob both faves. And hanging out with Christian and jared has been a blast- two awesome guys that I previously had little opportunity to work and have fun with. And it's given me more time with Aime and Papa Morrill and you know I LOVE that! And Jami Drake, one of the sweetest young mom's (and daughter of the little guy I am totally in love with!) And so many others...it has been so fun!!

That is my thoughts. I have practice in a couple hours...our last practice, and I am going to miss the fun times with this group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's been ALOT of work and ALOT of hours, but i too...am really going to miss it...
i love you all SO MUCH!!!
thanks kk =)

~a