Monday, December 22, 2008

If I can find my cord to upload my pics and videos on my camera, you will get to witness one of the most amazing things ever-- last night at about 1am, I was sledding down 228th, yes, Nike Hill! The road was shut down because of the snow, so a few of us bundled up and headed toward the adventure. Once there, we found 30 some people, snowboarders, skiers, intertubers, sledders, some pool-loungers (hey, they used what they had), and quiet a few drunks :0

Levi, Barco, Brooklyn, Courtney, Elijah, Katie Hale and I had a few great runs down the massive hill. My first ride down was the most terrifying, I was in front and therefore steering...only I couldn't really see because my feet were flinging so much snow into my face, and I could see headlights down below. There was an ATV out, and what we foundat the bottom to be a parked car waiting for friends. They were sitting on the bed of the truck and when we came to a stop beside them, they congratulated us "nice turn!" I'm glad they were so excited about it, because my heart was pounding. I'd seen the lights and dug in my left foot to give us a sharp left turn around the car. About half way down my heart was pounding as I shouted "I can't see" and rather than direct me, my two passangers just shouted with pleasure "we are going SO fast!" Well, I didn't quite share their pleasure at that moment. No, it hit me then, I had two fellow riders who might very well let us die right now, rather then help by shouting directions (when you are in the back, you can see because the person in front blocks the snow). I started to drop my feet harder at that point, which made it harder to see, but it helped start to slow us down (we truly were flying and I was starting to worry).

The next ride, I went behind Levi. We've had a lot of practice as a team already this snowy week...he steered and I shouted directions from behind. We caught a couple snap shots on the way down, lol. Then, for our last ride (keep in mind, it's like a 10 minute hike back up the hill in the snow, for that 1 minute and 40 second ride down), Levi, brookyln and I piled into one of the sleds and started down. Initially, we had all three sleds hooked together like one massively long sled, but within a few moments we all let go. We video taped the whole way down, it was pretty fun. Hopefully, I can share that video soon :)

Never have I seen snow like this here!

2 comments:

kaylee@life chasers said...

I am going to restart my blog...:)

Rachel Sarah said...

Nike hill?! you guys are insane!!!