Friday, July 07, 2006

I guess I lucked out, they have an internet lab here. I am staying at a nice hotel. We had a real red eye the night before last..our plane left at 9:30 pm and we flew through the night, with a lay over and landed about 9am local time. I couldn't sleep very well on the plane, in fact every ther light was off but mine..so eventually Morgan (who also couldn't sleep, but just layed there and occasionally turned around and we'd talk a bit) gave me two sleeping pills..I was OUT, unfortunately, that was only a 2 or 3 hours before our lay over...the two of us we like the walking dead. lol. MY legs felt super heavy, as did my eye lids- it was almost funny how heavy those pills hit me- and then I had to be up walking around, lol. Yeah. I slept through most of the second plane ride too. Then we had to figure out the subway. By the time we found our hotel and checked in- we were all starving for lunch..and sleep. We did a little walking around (found the nearest H&M!!!), and of course went swimming. Then for my dinner I went down to the lobby and bought a steamed hazelnut milk and a peanut butter cookie, cuddled up with my book and read/slept on and off. (My roommated kept coming in and out and talking). I was really out by 11, and up by 5. I could sleep all day I feel like. BUT today is our first day at the cofnerence center- its jeans and t's for tsg....that will at least mean something to kris and kim. Mom- I am guessing that last comment was from you...you and dad have got to remember to sign your name at the bottom. OKay, well I am gonna go tidy up my room and blow dry my hair. I love you all and am so grateful for what you each wrote. Kris- thanks for coming back to say goodbye to me! I love you all!
Katrina Hope

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Kati! It's nice to see you are able to get online at the conference. I don't know how you could do a red-eye, yuk! But the sleeping pill story cracked me up - so funny!! I wish there was an H&M near us, I still haven't been to one. I think the closest one is in Indianapolis, which Kris & I drove through on our way to Michigan, I wish I would have known, we would have stopped. shoot. As for the tsg - are you working with them now? Back in the old days of my mc's, they did all the set up, but we never actually worked with them. And it was ALWAYS black and whites whether attendees were present or not. Sucked. I think I burned those black pants when I graduated. Anyway, thanks for getting online and fillin us in, I enjoyed reading it. Love you!!