Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I love reading your comments :) They make me smile, and tear a little. I just woke up from a nap and everyone is either in, or just getting out of the pool. Tonight is the first night I think that I haven't gone in the pool. Thats the great thing about travelling with crazy kids like myself- I never have to swim alone, lol. First thing Morgan and I did when we checked into our Orlando hotel (the Peabody..look it up, its incredible!!!) was strip, put on our swim suits and run to the pool- i aint kidding..she jumped in the closet and i jumped in the shower to change because we didn't want to wait for jess to WALK our of the bathroom. Then we RAN down to the pool and jumped in, it was at least 10 minutes before the firsts were able to come down to swim with us. LOL. Its been great. In the evenings here we gather (those who want to) at the pool and Jeff Mitchell reads a bit from the bible, we might talk about it a little, then we just sing acapella, people just leading out from one song to the next, and then we end by praying. Its so great- Kim it reminds me of when we found that youth group out worshiping that evening in Nashville and we just sat by and listened and talked for atleast an hour. Some people we sitting near by us doing just that.

So, to fill you in, I had a good flight, I slept for the duration. We spent the first night in one hotel, doing laundry and went out to eat in groups, and of course- went swimming. The place had 3 seperate pools, so a bunch of us missed each other on accident, lol. Then we had our hang out day, and because all the theme parks were so expensive and wouldn't offer a group discount, we just hung out. A bunch of us went miniature golfing, it was so fun! We had like 5 groups of 4, or maybe even more. Pastor Kevin was the overall champ, we found out he worked at a miniature golf course when he was 17- lets just say he annihilated us all!

Then we checked into our hotel here early afternoon and swam like ALL day, it is so hot, and the pool feels awesome! Dad- you would be in the pool! Then, around 6 we all showered and changed and met down in the lobby and we took a trolly to an awesome outlet mall!!! Yeah- it rocked and I spent money I told myself I wouldn't. Sorry :( I just bought a pair of jeans at the Lucky outlet!!! Yep, $40. And a pair of sunglasses (which I needed) at the Fossil outlet for $10, and a soft case for them for $5. And a new watch band for $8. OOO, and a cute pair of girls boxers at Gap (since Kim has mine in Nashville), and a cute sweeter/shirt.

So, right now its 9:15pm, and I am in the lobby, kind of. I am on the recreational level indoors, which is kind of like a balcony to the lobby- where a man is down on the grand piano & singing...there is a man down there each night. Its so wonderful, and you can hear the water from the fountain in the middle. Each day they march 5 ducks in which stay from 11 to 5 in the fountain in the mane lobby. Then they go back to the 'duck palace' out by the 4 tennis courts! lol. I haven't gotten to see it yet cus we are always at the conference center during those hours.

We have been doing tsg set-up the last 3 days, and badge and binder builds. We were the only group, but other groups began arriving today and the actual conference begins tomorrow. I am in registration at a kiosk with Todd.

I love you all so much and miss you tons. I don't get to write as much here because there are not computers down in the lobby like in Boston. Tonight, Jozi was super sweet to let me borrow her lap top. I will try to write again. I have the best family! Please keep leaving comments, they make me smile! I miss you tons and there is a chance i may need to stay at home for the week directly following this conference. (so from next sunday till the 31st, which would work out really well for the tournament, hehe).

Love you all TONS and TONS!
Katrina Hope

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why would you be staying home the week after the conference? At mom & dad's? What tournament? I'm so out of the loop its pathetic. For some reason I totally remember that hotel with the ducks doing thier thing every day - wierd. I wonder why I remember it so well?? I'm glad you had a chance to get online, I was wondering how everything is doing for ya. Kelley Skiles, that lady I stayed with my MC year in Dallas, is working in Miami this week. I told her you all were in Orlando doing a conference. I'm so jealous of how much free time you all have to go swimming!! Back in our day.....we were up at 5am, sometimes earlier and not back to our hotel till around 10 or 11pm at night. It was crazy and we maybe had ONE day of free time that whole 7-10 days. You all are spoiled ;-P Well I miss you and Kris like crazy. And don't forget!!! We have to get our rodeo tickets fairly soon!! Which means y'all have to save some money!! It'll be close to $50 for both the rodeo AND the Extreme Bulls. Jason and I may try to buy all the tickets when I get paid next, but that won't be till end of next week. Have fun in Orlando and I love you!!!!!

(by the way, where's my fun comments on my blog from you?????)

Anonymous said...

hey I commented on this. Where did it go? I saw no ducks! And I am glad you have gotten to enjoy yourself a little Kati. I talked to Jordan Dinsmore yesterday and he said that you guys worked reg desk together and reminisced of olad times. Fun. I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
Kristin.