Sunday, July 23, 2006

Kimmy, Kimmy. Yes, you are a bit out of the loop. lol. Crossfire, my old team has a tournament next weekend, and I am all signed up for the summer stuff so that I can play in any of the summer tournaments or games that I can make. Next week (today) the Wessels will be out of town until I get back from soccer camp, which leaves we for a week to stay somewhere else. I was supossed to be staying with the Mayes, but I asked Pastor Sean if it would be alright if I went home for the week and he said he didn't see a problem with that, and sent me to Ross Baker who is in charge of housing- Ross called the Mayes and got it okayed for me to stay at home this week...so I don't know where I am sleeping, but I will be going home TODAY and staying until soccer camp! Thats one week, plus one night! I am very excited.

And about us being spoiled- we worked a lot while we were there, especially Registration, we were the first ones there and the last to leave. We worked 14.5 hours, 13 hour, and 11.75 hours days..yesterday, Todd worked Reg all day (6am-1:30pm, and then tsg strike till 9pm!) Whats kinda sad (for everyone else) was that about 15 of us got lucky and didn't get put on strike, and we got off at about 3:30pm yesterday...and pastor sean got us tickets to Universal Studios for the Microsoft party!!!! It was really fun, and we had been told everyone else from kirkland would be able to go too after they got off, but because they got off too late they didn't get to, and I felt REALLY bad. :( Kim, you have to remember that we do tsg set up and strike now (take down all the computers and held pack everything up to be shipped!) so we have usually a couple days before the conference starts and those days we don't work as late....we were the only group here for the first 3 days (for set up), and then the conference was so huge we had 250 MCs working it under Mrs. Mitchell! It was pretty crazy! Reg was pretty great, boring, but great. I read a lot,,,actually Todd caught up to me in my book and read out loud..it kept us both awake, I have like 20 pages left and then I will be finished with it! Mara joined us yesterday too (she had just read the book so didn't mind coming in late). Her and Todd took turns reading it out loud...I LOVE being read to, and they both are drama people so they read really expressively! It was hard to stay awake sometimes though.

Last night at Universal Studios we went on this short roller coaster called "The Mumy" and I ended up closing my eyes through the whole thing because I was expecting it to be really scary (like the Mummy haunted house you took me through dad at LA Universal and I cried...yeah, still scarred). It ended up being a really short ride though and it wasn't that freaky...like I love the roller coaster aspect, but I thought that the stuff you see (its all inside in the dark..its kinda liek Indiana Jones, but grosser!) would freak me out. When we got off we found they take pictures and it was really funny, because I am clinging to Connie's arm with my eyes closed,,,,it was pretty great. lol. It was fun. And Jaws is much better in the dark by the way cus you can't see the shark in the water, and you can't see it as clearly when it comes out at you so it looks more realistic..plus its dark and you are in this little boat in the dark..thats freaky in and of itself. Jewel was performing last night too. Hmm, I think I am gonna go swim now..I am mostly packed up and we have to check out at noon, so I want to get a little swim in first. I love you all!!!

Mom and Dad, and Kris..I will try to call, but hopefully one of you get this today...I need to be picked up at the church if at all possible tonight around probably 10:30pm or so- I'll call you before we get on the plane, and then also when we land. I am really excited to be home for a week!

ALL my love!
Kati Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kati, We got your blog and one of us well be at be church
love Mom