Monday, April 30, 2007

I just feel like blogging, not even sure what about.

Something about a coffee shop (which I am in at the moment), that makes me reflective. Suddenly I feel potential to be very productive and at the same time an undeniable need to just stop.

I love watching the people around me, and I think about the people far from me.

I need to be memorizing my Italian dialogue for class tomorrow. I have my Remix Bible in my back pack and I want to pull it out and read it. I want to close my eyes and just be here.

Last Saturday night at Cultural Revival prayer, (the night after my last blog), we took some time and prayed and prophesied over each other and a couple things were spoken over me- by people who could not have known just how right on it was, except by their confidence in the Holy Spirit.

One thing that was spoken was "A new identity. God's giving you a new identity, don't let the old one limit the new." Wow...I think my mouth dropped open. It was so exactly what God has been dealing with me in, listening to what He says about me and being that person and not fearing what others think of me because of what I HAVE BEEN before. Also, another spoke over me saying "now." Nows the time to begin writing and to begin speaking. The first to speak over me said that they just really felt that God was wanting to increase my influence in my sphere- especially on the campus that God was wanting to do something more through me...to use me in a greater way. Thats are some short versions- but I was so encouraged!

YES AND AMEN!

PS any of you who have been thinking about going to Revival Culture Prayer- I'd say go for it! It will shake you up, and mess you up, and all the other great stuff that you couldn't expect! Its such a rich time of just seeking God and being with Him however He chooses to show up. I look forward to it now each week!

Then I was reading this morning on the bus in my Remix Bible (I'm loving it!!!) and I was meaning to find the verses P. Norm has been preaching on, the fruits of the spirit. But instead I opened to 2 Corinthians and began reading in chapter 3...

"Moses' face as he delivered the tablets was so bright that day (even though it would fade soon enough) that the people could no more look right at him than stare into the sun. How much more dazzling, then, the Government of Living Spirit?
If the Government of Condemnation was impressive, how about this Government of Affirmation? Bright as that old government was, it would look downright dull alongside this new one. If that makeshift arrangement impressed us, how much more this brightly shining government installed for eternity?
With that kind of hope to excite us, nothing holds us back. Unlike Moses, we have nothing to hide. Everything is out in the open with us....
Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are-- face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone...We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him...

The whole chapter is incredible, and I loved the way it was worded in the Remix Bible. Look at how many times there are words that reference 'light' and 'shining'....i couldn't believe it. Wow- the Lord has spoken to me in so many ways the past week or so about this!!

Poor Ty, I kept nudging him this morning on the bus--- Ty, listen to this!!! Sorry, I won't bug you again (He was reading some homework assignment). Okay, wait, once more...okay, last time. Alright, well I am just going to read you the chapter. He's a great sport to put up with me as nicely as he does! :)

Okay, now on to my homework. I REALLY love you all!

My friends in DC and Italy- I am sure you are having an incredible time...I'm praying for your time to be rich together, to be influential in the environments you engage, and to be fulfilling in the Spirit. You all amaze me and encourage me to keep running! You are crazy, and I love it!

My fam- I LOVE YOU. I am glad I got some time with you dad, mom, Kate and Kol. (especially you dad- I miss you alot too...we'll have to keep setting coffee dates, and summer is close by! Wooohooo!)

And most importantly.....
Happy Birthday Kimmers!!! love you!! XO// (hehe)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Kati, I love you too.

Anonymous said...

Kati, I jsut love you alot alot!
~ash