Monday, December 24, 2007

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve- Christmas is almost here! I am somewhat sad how it has snuck up on me. I am a definite believer that looking forward to something is not quite, but nearly as important as the event itself. I love anticipation- I hate it, and I love it. I love the drawn out breaths while you wait, strapped into a rollercoaster. I love the hurried digestion of a book as your desperately look for the closure. I love planning a trip, and counting down the days until departure. I love dreaming and anticipating my future at large. I love waking up each morning, once day closer to Christmas and trying to fall asleep at night assured that it will be here soon. As I said, I love it and I hate it.

But this year, I only hate that I have not had time to be tortured by this anticipation. Now, tomorrow is Christmas eve, and I still have not finished my shopping!!! I wish I had another week until Christmas so I could really start to get ancy and excited for it- so I could become so eager for it and be restless at night with excitement for the morning.

But nonetheless, it will be here soon, and I will love my time with my family. I already have. This last week has given me several chances to be with my family, my sister and mom and cousins especially, and I have really enjoyed it. With school out for a few weeks, my evenings are finally a little more free. And this coming week both my dad and I have off, so I am anticipating some great times with him too!!

I love you all, I love that I have had time to spend with many of you this holiday season- and those I have not seen much of yet...I really hope I get to spend some time with you before this season slips away. Goodnight. Tomorrow, it's Christmas Eve!!

No comments: