Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am home sick, or rather working from home. I need to be writing a couple abstracts for some speaking applications. And that of course, leads me to blog.

Follow-ups for my last couple blogs:

-sorry about adding the 'S' to Alderwood, lol.

-And as for the day I wore sweats. Not sure if Ty'd love me writing this or not, but without even knowing of my recent blog, he fed right into it. This morning he sent me a short text "Wearing sweats today...run into Jim and Kelsey at the bus stop" Isn't that the rule? It's not just me. lol. I never see people I know on campus or the way there, unless I didn't shower that morning, didn't wear makeup, spilt coffee down my shirt, or decided to wear sweats. It IS the rule.

Yesterday, I woke up feeling sick (and had several times throughout the night), but I had a paper to write and an appointment with my writing teacher to make. So, I toughed it out and got it done. I bundled up and headed into campus. I met with my writing teacher, printed out my paper, and headed to my first class of the morning (which my paper was due in). I think the neon lights intensified the headache, because part way through it was getting pretty awful, so I left in the break of my first class. I felt a little pathetic, but by the time my bus reached my stop, I was so glad I'd left, it was horrible, and I felt horrible.

So yesterday evening, Kris (who was also sick) and I watched P.S. I Love You, and I cried more than the last two times I've watched it. I cried probably 5 different times, maybe more. But one part of it struck me more than usual, laugh if you want. There's a scene where her husband is telling her that their life is already started and she has to stop waiting for something to mean it has. I don't know, maybe its my melancholic mood, but it inspired me. It's so easy to keep viewing your life as preparation for when you really start living and miss out on so much right now. I definitely want to prepare, but I also want to live right now and get everything out of this moment I can, and LOVE where I am. :) That's my thought.

Now, I HAVE to go crank out these abstracts...

(I just re-read this, and I think it is a little confusing. Sorry, my head is sort of a-moosh right now. And yes, I can use that word.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry you arent feeling good! love you! get better!
~ morgan marie

Katrina Hope said...

Thanks Morgs- I LOVE you girl. :)