Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I am thinking again of all the things I have to be grateful for, or rather all the people.

I read on a friends wall last week, "The most important things in life, aren't things" and isn't that the truth.


A couple months ago I wrote about two of my very special friends, Toddley and Aimers. Today, I feel rather inspired to write about my big brother Bryan, or as he is listed in my phone, "My brother the ninja Bryan Krumperman",
or as I like to call him, Brother Krump.

Bryan has been a big brother in a way I don't think anyone else quite has. He says he has years to make up for, and insists on a lot of teasing (followed of course by a laugh, and "oh kati" and a hug, which he somehow believes makes up for anything and everything, "Oh Bryan").

Our first meeting was at Family Camp, a few weeks before MCs started. We all sat around a camp fire and laughed, as he used his kneck to turn his head lamp into a strobe light. He started teasing me pretty much immeiately, which I wasn't sure I liked. And in the manner he continues to this day, as we all walked down the street a little later, he pulled me into a side hug (haha), and explained he was going to tease me because he liked me. Pretty much, immediately my big brother. I remember thinking at the bon fire, "Oh no, this is going to be a long year" as I watched him spaz a bit.

Through MCs, he was usually the guy I went and got as the "ref" in interesting confrontations. We didn't get a whole ton of conversation times in MCs, but the few we got meant a lot. And I found that he was not a spaz. :) quite the contrary.

In MCs, Bryan provided the "red back pack" complete with sowing kit (which saved my life at Elise's wedding!!), community toothbrush and deoderant, head lamp, and who knows what all else! He's a one of kind guy- who I'd like to tell more of, but don't want to let out too many of his hidden talents. He builds fires with flares (which I believe he keeps in his car at all times). Let's just say, he is probably the only person I know with a more detailed emergency car kit than mine (and probably more realistic too).

Though I am still waiting on my written prophetic word...Bryan is such a great brother. He's someone who doesn't really say it, but somehow makes me pretty sure he's a fan of me, even if I do plenty of things worthy of being teased.

I don't really know how to explain it, since I don't have a literal brother, but I imagine if I did, he'd treat me pretty close to how Bryan does.

Bry, I am so grateful for the man of God you are, for the words that have been spoken over you, for your love for ninjas, and for the way you care for me as a sister. I love laughing with you about life, and listening to the new revelations you get. You have a great destiny ahead, and I know you will enjoy the adventure of it all. I for one, enjoy watching you live that adventure and admire you greatly. I've learned a lot from your example already, and I think that's one of the core roles of a big brother. So, thank you.

Again, I am so blessed by the people in my life. Thank you Lord! :)

And one more.

Mrs. Rankin is probably one of my all-time favorite women. I remember being young, and before really knowing who she was, or who the woman whose name I had on a picture was, she'd given me a gift. Mrs. Rankin played soccer in High School with Michelle Akers, a member of the Women's National team in 1999. Being friends, she'd gotten me her book and picture signed. My dad was probably more excited than me initially, but I quickly caught up.

Then, in Junior High, I got to play for her at KJH, as well as take her Composition class. I remember loving both!! Through High School I grew to love Mrs. Rankin more and more, and I appreciated her coming to my games and cheering me on.

One of my favorite memories is playing soccer out in the backyard like we often did. It started to rain and somehow it turned into a game with all us girls out there playing, barefoot and soaking wet. Mrs. Rankin, Ramah, Elise I believe, jessica and myself all running from end to end. I loved that day.

In the last couple years I've come to cherish Mrs. Rankin even more, getting to spend time with her baking cookies and drinking coffee, and even once folding laundry, lol. I love who she is. She's a great image a woman who is athletic and lovely, she's fun and tender, honest with her thoughts, and also very wise. I admire you greatly. Thank you for your love, and how you make Rosie and I both feel like the world :)

PS, thanks for letting me meet Grammy, Rosie's been holding that over me for YEARS! :)

1 comment:

Jessica Rae said...

i liked this post=)