Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I love how when I am stressed out that I wont finish all I need to in time- I open up a new post and begin to blog. This shouldn't help, but somehow it does. Maybe it engages my mind in a new way, refreshing me. Or maybe it just gives me the level of distraction I need to vent and then return to the grind.

I finished my first short story last night- weird. I've never been forced to finish one of my stories. Okay- I have written a couple short stories, but the longest one was 6 pages. This one is 11 (by requirement it must be between 10-20 pages), and it will actually undergo peer commentaries and workshopping and then be turned in in final form for a big 'ol chunk of my grade.

Aime ended up helping me with it- I was spouting out some thoughts and concerns I still had. I had a title which I loved and was certain had come from God, but it didn't fit yet. REALLY didn't fit yet. It had a piece, but it was missing a huge element. Suddenly, Aime through out an idea and I LOVED it, she kept going and the missing pieces flowed out of her imagination (the God-inspired imagination) and into mine. It was honestly amazing!! I was so excited, and so was she. "I like creating with you" she said at the end. WOW. I think I hear God in my sister's voice ;)

Seriously, I know He says that when I allow Him to flow through me onto the page: "I love creating with you." And I smile, thinking how lucky I am to create with the Creator. :) It's in us too. I love it when I get to create with someone else and it's so clearly the Lord moving between us and through us...I think this was one of the most vivid examples of this I have had yet. I am so excited for my story- but NO, I am not posting it until I've had some time to redraft. Eventually I will be posting it on my creative blog, Poetry of Presence. I'll be sure to leave a quick comment here about it too.

Alright, in that same class I also need to turn in 5 peer commentaries and marked up drafts of my classmates, I have 3 to go so I better get on them. (I also have a meeting with my instructor after class, and I have to turn in my writing journal- which we are required to write in every day, 5 great first lines for a story, and a piece of work to discuss with her). This should be a fun class. :0

No comments: