Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Has it really been 10 days since my last post? Well, here are the updates from this short span of time:
I'm blonde again- well, the brown roots are finally disguised.
I have a midterm friday.
I leave Saturday morning for CTIA in San Francisco..I will be gone close to a week :)
I have 2 midterms next Friday now! (Kind of a bummer that I will be in San Fracisco-studying!
I have not been a good student in my Logic and Archaeology classes- especially my Logic class- that is where I am right now...not paying attention.

Kristin Hale cut and colored my hair last night, and I had a blast over there hanging out with her and her roommate. My hair looks good too, which is a definite plus :)

Ty and I started studying for our upcoming Archaeology exam, last night.

Tonight, I will hopefully be meeting up with a friend who used to work with me, to catch up over coffee. I am VERY excited...if it doesn't work out for tonight, that will be good too thoughm because then I can study during that time instead. So either way, tonight will be a good night.

Work has been so ridiculously crazy, I've almost cried the last couple days. This morning on my bus ride, I was soaking. Yes- I was "soaking" on the bus. I turned on my ipod, and closed my eyes- surprisingly, this does not illicit as much attention as one would think, because unlike all the other college students on the bus with their eyes closed, I am not REALLY sleeping, so I am not quite as fun to stare at...I am not snoring, or twitching, or falling on my neighbor's shoulder....well, I am sometimes lipsincing, and I know my face is displaying a number of expressions while my eyes are closed- BUT, the truth is, if people ARE staring, my eyes ARE closed, so I don't know any better, and I can go on, "Soaking on the bus."

But to my point, I played this one song by Adie Camp, over and over...the words were something like, "When my strength fades...Your strength remains...When I am weak, your strength is complete...perfectly, everything I need" Yeah, let me tell you, it was definitely life for me this morning. It was a struggle to calm my spirit, silence my soul, and just REST in His presence on that crowded bus. Its a good practice. The last few days I have felt this constant anxiety, and struggle going on inside me- work really is driving me to my end, and with midterms coming and barely having any time to prepare-yeah. So, finding peace, repenting for anxiety and taking it all on myself, and just choosing to TRUST Him to take care of it all, and rest in the midst of this mayhem- that's the place I am looking for. I have found it some, I think I began to find it more last night, and even more this morning.

Today, in about 5 minutes, I am about to go on my first "Treasure Hunt" and I am pretty excited! We are going to do it here on the campus!

Alright, love you all.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

your first treasure hunt? are you serious.