Thursday, October 04, 2007

OH work, oh work. You know what's wonderful though? It is pretty quiet in the office. It has been a stressful week at work- and at school, sorting out classes and books and finances. We have our big conference for work coming up in a few weeks, and that means we are hitting the deadlines this week and next, so it has been busy. Sadly, I woke up with a cold Monday morning too, so to say the least, I have been relying on the Lord's grace, and looking forward to the weekend! ;)

Tonight I have no homework! WOOHOO! I have things due Monday, but I'm going to put them off from tonight. Tonight, I am working, then going to homegroup, and then hopefully catching up with Elise somewhere. This, I am definitely looking forward to- though I am thinking perhaps we should just go home, put on our pajamas and cuddle up in my bed and chat...no environment better for sharing the matters of your heart with your best friends. Well..it would be a bit better if there was Ben & Jerrys involved, huh morg? Though, I don't think I'd be a fan of people eating ben & jerrys in my bed. Actually, Ben & Jerrys is typically more of the "after-lots-of-sharing-matters-of-the-heart" refuge anyway. It's the, 'lets not talk at all and recover for a moment,' or 'let's just laugh at anything' type of companion. Oh, ice cream. :)

Can you tell that i am wanting a quick mental break right now? Writing about the many medicinal purposes of ice cream. haha. The sudden quiet of the office is actually making me tired, which is NOT good. You see, when I get tired, I fall asleep. I can be watching a movie, reading a book (especially those last two!), sitting at my desk at work (as I am now), on the bus, riding in a car (passenger), eating spaghetti (okay, I was like 5!), sitting on the stairs, laying in the yard, sitting at work at the coffee stand...pretty much anywhere I am not standing, I can fall asleep (yes- I fell alseep on the toilet at work a couple weeks ago! ), come to think of it, I have even fallen asleep a few times standing up (Italy!). It is terrible, I know. And once I am asleep, i can remain in this partial sleep state, even while carrying on conversations (which I will not recall later), being led up the stairs by the hand, etc. I am not always a heavy sleeper though, I can also wake up to my bedroom door opening and someone stepping inside. It really doesn't make much sense.

All that to say, be careful that if I answer your question at a sleepover, that I really am conscious.

Kris, I think, enjoys asking me things when I am in this half-sleeping state. She likes waking me up and watching me as I interact with the world around me in deep confusion. "Wait- why? What did you ask? I don't understand." Much in the same way, my dad liked leading me up to bed when i was little, and leaving me with one foot on each step. My mom and sisters would come watch too, as I stood there, asleep. Eventually, I'd just sit down right there and continue sleeping.

Where are all these stories coming from? Oh yeah, i was saying the office is quiet and I am growing tired. Well, I have affectively woken myself up with these stories.

Goodness, sometimes I wish I could video tape my office, just so I could truly convey how ridiculous people here can be- it is SO entertaining. I love it. I love awkward people! Some guy just walking around the office barefoot, another reportedly peeing in a bottle, the man whose accent and lisp are so thick I would never had known his name except for the invention of email....it's beautiful. And it keeps life so entertaining. There are far more subtle things too, but I am not sure others would laugh at them.


What to have for dinner....I think Jamba. I wonder how many of you are wondering right now why you read this? Hmmm. Why do you? ;) I suppose it is only because you love me. Well, because I love you, I will stop wasting your time by writing about old stories, and what I'd like to eat for dinner.

I love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONLY because I love you .... DAD

Unknown said...

Whether I have intentionally blocked out the majority of my childhood, or my memory is just that bad I'm not quite sure. But I'm so glad you recalled the times that dad would partially walk you up the stairs and then leave you there to see you dazed and confused. I had forgotton those times completely and now that I remember them, I can totally picture it! It was so hilarious and we would laugh our butts off! Thanks for the memory Kati!

Morgan said...

i agree that ben and jerry's is a cure for practically any obstacle known to man...except maybe from eating too much ice cream...but then I think thats kinda like one of those "You don't regret it until it's too late" moments. Kind of like those women who just keep having babies. Like something in them must forget how painful it was to deliver one of those suckers...but then they still do it. Hence, I still eat ice cream til I could cry in agony...but then there is really no other way to live. Lon glive Ben and Jerry's!