Tuesday, October 23, 2007


I have yet to wear a flower in my hair...but I'm enjoying San Francisco nonetheless.

The actual work end has been pretty tough- pretty much EVERYTHING going wrong, but its all been fixable, its just taken some effort (a LOT of effort). Well- most of its been fixable, but the things that haven't been, are also no one's fault so- oh well. :) Its really been entertaining actually- how much every little thing actually can go wrong....I'm giggling about it now. Like this morning- going to send my homework assignment in (which has to be in by 9:30am, or else it goes down to half credit)- and low and behold, the hotel is upgrading their server and their internet is "temporarily down"--- I was stressing a bit then, but once again, there was nothing I could do but wait and pray that it came up in time- and it did- JUST in time...I got my assignment in with about 5 minutes to spare, lol.

Don't let all these problems fool you though, I have had some fun time- not yesterday, but the day before....my manager treated me to a pedicure to thank me for all my hardwork. They were GREAT! Not your average pedicure- they were at a really nice spa- the pedicure we got was called the "mojito"- cute pun of words. They soaked our feet in hot lemon and mint baths (with both, fresh, floating around)- then they scrubbed our feet and calves (OUCH! I had JUST shaved that morning!), we had headphones and sat and watched girly tv shows (I'm not big on tv shows, but it was still fun), and drank mojitos (mine was virgin, ;) and still, it was very good! Maybe I will be trying a real one in a few months??). We also did a little wandering and shopping that day- then went to a great restaurant that night- one of kathryn's favorites in San Fran. It was called 50 Hyde 15- small, personal, AMAZING! A great day.

border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5124668731547822594" />Yesterday, I spent the day at the conference center getting everythign ready, then headed back to my hotel, and spent the entire night working on Logic homework :(

This morning was a mad rush back and forth between the conference center and my hotel- managing both the final setups for our booth and meeting rooms- as well as my own schoolwork! AND, in the end, it all work out. :) Jason, says that 90% of what we worry about never happens....so stop worrying....I'm getting a litle better at taking this advice. I think that its easier for me to laugh at things, when I know others are freaking out about them instead....it takes that off my shoulders ;)

Now, I am off for the day (finally!!), and I am trying to decide whether to wander around the shops right here (our hotel is in shopping central!), or take a nap- I am very tired....but figure it will be getting dark in a few hours, so I better go see some things now...I'll have homework again tomorrow, and tomorrow night is our team dinner.

So I am off....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the only other time you were in San Fran??

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update little sister! How very exciting to be staying at a beautiful hotel in San Francisco! I hope your having a great time, I miss you so much!! Things have been a little hard here the last couple days, just kinda down and frustrated. :-( Have a good time at your dinner tonight, it looks like a great place.

Love you!
Kimmers