Sunday, February 17, 2008

I want more.

Tonight, I'm overcome with a desire for more- more of it all- more of Him in me, more of Him pouring out of me. I want to be like Christ, and I desperately need Him!! When I consider how He loves us, how he loves His church- a harlot...He never stops loving us because we push Him away, or because we get angry at Him, or ignore time with Him to spend with others. He doesn't quite His love because we aren't listening, or because we 'really blow it' like we all do....no, still He loves us, lavishly.

I need Him- oh how I need Him. I get irritated, I get hurt, I get 'bugged', I let people and circumstances put me in funks...I don't love like He loves. I try to- but I so often fail.

Truth is, he told Isaiah to love a harlot, and he tells us to as well. He's called us in to work with Him, to be one with Him, and that means loving the broken, wounded, jaded, and all-together not-yet-lovely. I am so amazed and again, overcome, by His love for me and his total faithfulness toward me amidst all my sin- and I want to be just like Him!

That brings me to another aspect of what I want more of....I want to be just like Him, and do miracles! I want to lay hands on a person in a wheel chair, and see them stand up and walk. I want to look in to people's eyes and know them. I want to see- truly see. God, I claim a deeper anointing in the ability to see- to see things as you see them- to see people as you see them- to see events not just as they are at that moment, but as they were, and as they will be. Lord, I'm knoching, I'm asking, I'm seeking...I want to do all that Jesus promised His disciples would do. I want to walk on water!! I want to raise people from the dead!!!!! Why not? I want to command storms to cease, waters to be still. I want to walk in all the authority He has destined me to have, and to declare an end to abortion- to injustice- to impurity- to all the lies that steal and rob and deceive!

I want more.... I want more intimacy. I want to listen more, to rest more, to soak more- to be more in love with the Lover of my soul. I want to commune at a deeper level with Him- to hear His thoughts, to see His vision (and His eyes!!!), I want to hear more stories, and dream more of His dreams...I want to love His children more....I want to be more overcome by Him- I want Him to course through me like electricity...I want to be abandoned to Him.

less of me God- more of You!!

1 comment:

Katrina Hope said...

did no one else catch I said "Isaiah"...wasn't it actually Hosea?