Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We start each poetry class with a quick 5-minute writing assignment. This came out of today's, and I actually love it! We were told to finish the line "My lover's eyes are like ____" as many times as we could in the 5 minutes. Thought it would be fun to share what came to me...

.......................................

My lover's eyes are like the first dawn of creation,
light spilling out across the virgin sea.

My lover's eyes are like a sign,
telling me I've found just where I need to be.

My lover's eyes are like bolts of lightning,
sending thunder through my soul.

My lover's eyes are like the _______,
making every line of my poem whole.


3 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

Well done. I especially like the first stanza.

Katrina Hope said...

thanks Rach! I'm finding not many people comment on these posts- I understand, it's easier to reply to something funny or just common about life, then it is to reply to someone's poetry or stylistic writing. You feel almost like you have to write a 'critique' or something maybe. lol.

The first stanza is probably my favorite too! I also like the last line, because...well, I wrote it with God in mind as my lover, but that final line makes me it cool if you consider my literal, earthly man....because he is a ______ right now, and I'm waiting for him to make me (or my 'poetry') whole. ;)

originally though, i was trying to explain how God makes everything whole...it was going to refer to the punctuation mark at the end of my line.....

So, I like it's double meaning :)

Rachel Sarah said...

So how about leaving some comments on my blog? :) I would love that. I just started a second blog for book reviews, too. Have a good week!