Friday, February 08, 2008

“Who am I that you should know my name?
My fragile thoughts and tiny frame.”

“Oh but my Mighty eye has seen you all the same.
And when I saw, I came.
For you are just as I had dreamed,
And you are worthy as I deem.
The rivers of my love alas have found their stream”


“I have heard of your fame.
Our mothers sang of a man untamed, unrestricted, unashamed
Healing the broken, raped, and lame.
They said He’d wash away my crimson stains,
These bloodied sheets, these dried up veins.
They said “Court his favor, in his love remain.”


“When I saw you, my body was crushed and broken
My hands were cut, my side pierced, my life a token
Of affection, the price demanded, the judgment spoken.
And faithfully I made the shut gates, open.

All this I did when I saw you.”


“But all I have to offer is myself, bruised and broken, naked and untrue.”


“In my Lover’s eyes you are undone, and in my arms all things are new.”

(a little prophetic poetry- let it speak to whoever it's for)

No comments: