Saturday, July 07, 2012

I know it has been over a week and I owe you all a lot of information by now, but you aren't going to get much of it for a few more days.  Monday was a long day.  So long that it became Tuesday.  As many of you knew, I was flying out Tuesday morning to see my sister and brother-in-law in Nashville and to surprise a special fella.  This also put a huge time crunch on a very major project at work.  Oh, and I was moving. 

Monday after work, Erik met Meg and I at my parents to help move my bed and dresser.  We spent the next 8 hours moving me. And, enjoying a bit of fun. Around 3am I slipped into bed for what was really a nap - showered at 4:30 and was back off to work to wrap up a few ends of my project before handing it off. I was back by 7am, which gave Meg and me 30 minutes to enjoy our first breakfast together at "our place".  It took some innovation. But, it became something tasty (and quick). After a very long day of travel, I got to squeeze my big sister and glimpse some of the Tennessee hills I love. By 7:30pm, John and Ann showed up and I got to watch his confused face stare at me, and then his sister, then my sister, then me. :) It was quite grand.  And what has been even more grand has been the 4 days since.  After this past month, this has been quite an incredible retreat and feast of good quality time.  Nashville is where I go to rest.  This time, I didn't even bring my laptop.  I knew why I was here, and all those reasons are sitting in the living room right now.... where I am about to return. 

So see you all soon - and I can't wait to connect with each of you and share plenty of thoughts and photos here too.

For now my focus is this:  Don't forsake what's in front of you.

1 comment:

anthea delvina said...

"Don't forsake what is in front of you."
Powerful!!! Can't wait to hear about your travels!!!!