Friday, March 13, 2009

I should be asleep; I open tomorrow morning at Starbucks. Yet, my sleeping schedule is all messed up lately and I'm at that awful state of being sick where you WANT to sleep but are too restless to actually do it. I slept for several hour this afternoon again and then woke up restless. I went out to make a cup of tea (with honey!) and saw my mom, sister and cousins watching House (one of their favorites), I rarely watch tv, but tonight it felt right.

When I say "it felt right" I really mean more my position while watching tv. For those of you who more than know me, know my sister Kristin and our specific relationship, you will get a wonderful kick out of this scenario. Kris does NOT like to be touched or cudddled...she will at times, but only if she herself initiates. Touch is one of my love languages. (Come to find out, I am more like her than at first thought..but we wont go into the details of when I love versus loathe affection--- and it IS that extreme for me. We will leave it at this, I ALWAYS love affection from my sisters, and Kris does not always love it from me). So this evening, being frustrated about all the random things going wrong with me lately and still having no answers as to what the cause is, I wandered out and when my sister asked me "have you heard back about the test results yet?" I simply said no, and sat down on her. Like literally, I sat in her lap. I am bigger than Kristin by MOST measurements. My mom was rather in shock that Kris did not push me off, and she had to laugh at the image of the bigger, little sister sitting on the other.

Within moments, I cuddled in a little more and like an overgrown toddler I sat on Kris for the next hour. Somehow, it helped. lol. Her legs did eventually go numb and I had to move, but it was comforting (both in humor and affection) to just sit there (and of course she did play with my hair a bit).

Some of you may find that strange, others perhaps disturbing, and then there will be the third group of you who will laugh to yourselves at that ridiculous and ironic happening. I have to say, both my sisters become the BEST big sisters when I am sick... almost enough to make it un-miserable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She did not just sit on my lap, she laid in my lap. More like an infant that cries needs to be nestled into her mommy. And it was rather hysterical. And so was the perplexed and annoyed look on my mom's face.
Kristin

Unknown said...

Awesome. Way to go Krissy-poo loving on Kati when she was sick. You know Kati if I was there I would make you comfort food and rent a movie and play with your hair. Good to see Kristin is taking care of you :-)

I wish you guys had a picture though, it is a rare sight!