Thursday, March 26, 2009

It is beautiful this morning, I woke up before the others, showered and headed out to the porch to read in the morning sunshine. T-shirt and shorts (and yes Kris- of course swimsuit!) Its warm and incredible, with a view of rolling green hills.

Funny thing is, I miss home more than any time yet this week-- and I am probably happier then any other moment thus far. There is something about sitting in the morning sunshine alone that undoes me. I have a suspicion that something in my heart will always long for home when I sit outside in the peaceful morning.

My home in one of the most beautiful places to be in the summer. Surrounded by blooming flowers and green shrubs, a running brook and quiet little cozy nooks every where. It sounds like a natural eden, but it has taken a lot of labor. My mom hands show it. :) I love the "Secret Garden" my mom has created with her love and hard work. And I love to be no place more then sitting on the porch swing in the morning while the neighborhood is still quiet. The kids just waking up and not yet out and about making mayhem, playing indians and hoola-hoop, shooting hoops and riding bikes. The birds are chirping and my heart is listening to every melody the morning plays me. I'm wrapped in a soft blanket and holding a cup of coffee.

That is why, even while I sit here so contently, warm and alive and in love (with Jesus, calm down)...My heart misses home a bit. And my mind is drawn to my mom, and the beauty and feeling of 'home' she creates.

(PS, happy 37th anniversary [yesterday] mom and dad!)

No comments: