Saturday, June 19, 2010

...waiting at the airport to board our plane. I'll be home in a few hours, and the great debate in my head is this: run, or sleep first. Both sound delicious!

Last night we met up with friends for dinner at my favorite restaurant in Vegas, Olives. It was my one request for our stay. When I was here a couple years ago we returned to the restaurant twice, due to the delicious food, alluring and comfortable atmosphere, and especially... Gilbert. My manager had been there 2 months earlier and had loved the bartender, thus she brought me back with her our first night in town for CTIA. Now, two years later, Kris and I arrived first and though I didn't expect to recognize him, once glance and I knew it was my dear old Mexican friend. He is INCREDIBLE! Though I knew he wouldn't remember me, the waitress sent him over to say hello and he was so incredibly sweet. He came and said hello to us four or five times throughout the evening, and even gave kris and I drinks on him for our graduation. I was happy to find that everyone else was as excited by the drinks and food as I had been- it lived up to my memory completely!

After that, us three girls said goodbye to Daniel, Tim and Tim and raced over to Aria to watch Viva Elvis. We wanted to see a Cirque du Soliel show before leaving and the Elvis themed one sounded pretty perfect for us three Kelly girls. We were three of a very few under the age of 50, and definitely the only ones that young singing along to every song. The show was fantastic! We all expected beautiful and amazing gymnastic feats, but the dancing and choreography were incredible- and so diverse. (The superhero trampoline scene seemed a bit random as choreography to Love Me Tender, but I'm the last to judge. Truly, Elvis, trampolines, and superhero suites... sounds like a crowd pleaser to me!)

After a last day at the pool and a quick trip to the famous Serendipity for some Frozen Hot Chocolate, we are sitting in the final moments of our trip- putting off our goodbyes- waiting to board our planes.

See most of you in the morning. Love you all.

(T, thanks for picking me up at the airport- see you soonest! ;)

No comments: