Saturday, June 05, 2010

Today has been a very painful day.

Painful to my pride, painful to my thesis, painful to my wallet, painful to my lovely white macbook which took a ride on the hood of my pathfinder. It lived bravely. It died in a manner which few macs can ever claim to- flying.

While this may prove to be a blessing in disguise, it just came at a very inconvenient time, costing me my only remaining 'day off' before my final thesis is due. But regardless, it is 12:30am and I am typing on a beautiful new macbook, and all my files were able to be successfully transferred. Mac, you make beautifully strong products, thank you.

Ashes to beauty. Or, battered to beauty.

I have to thank my dad for being a huge blessing to me today!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was there a warranty on your MAC? And what did Dad end up doing??

samara said...

Oh this is kind of funny! on memorial day (my last day off before finals and a term paper) my hard drive crashed on my mac. I spent a large part of the day at the genius bar, reloading microsoft Office, and trying to restore files that were backed up online. Very inconvenient-but i ended up with a brand new hard drive... so in the end, i suppose it's worth it. :)