Monday, June 28, 2010

I want to learn how to change my car's oil.

In high school, I thought it would be the coolest thing to be a mechanic... not as a career (I wanted to be a writer and a mom...that's been my plan for a looong time), but just as a high school job. What would be cooler than a chick mechanic in high school? My uncle lived with us for years, and he and I talked countless times about him teaching me about cars, but he never did. I did get to attend a number of antique car shows with him across the years, but I retain nothing but the memory and the term "suicide doors." Shameful.

That said, I am back home and am sitting in my cubicle at work, having become newly recommitted to being IN the office for the majority of my work week. And as I sit here and fiddle with my to-do lists... many random thoughts surface. Like the fact that my oil change is past due and I wish I would have made Uncle Charlie teach me back when I had the chance... I may not be a chick mechanic, but at least I'd be saving myself some good money every few months.

2 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

I still regret not learning to drive my Dad's CAT and Dump Truck when I was growing up.

kaylee@life chasers said...

My grandpa taught me how to change my oil and it was my favorite time I spent with him every few months. He and I would change it together and it was SO fun laying under my truck together giving eachother a hard time.