Friday, June 30, 2006

Did y'all catch that? Kim AND Jason come home?? Did he get the time off??? Okay, well Kimmy you better let Kristin and I discuss this whole boy coming with us to the rodeo thing..... It does break tradition, and you could potentially get two mopey sisters- well at least one. hehe. We'll discuss and then return with our decision (though, just between the two of us, I think he's got a pretty good chance...just because he's cute.) And what did you say about staying over the night- are we staying in Ellensburg???? Maybe I should restate that- am I staying over in Ellensburg? Woohoo- are we gonna go to the Extreme Bullriding this year?? I guess I better get to putting some money away- like now. huh? I AM SO EXCITED! 8 weeks and a day (well today is near over).

Life in MCs is going so well, there has been a big step up in our class over the past couple weeks. This is the "MCs" I've been expecting and dreading for years- only I am not dreading it so much any more, I am excited about it because we are getting real and things are really changing- inside and out. I really like it, and I am trying to make sure that what I get will really go deep and stay forever. In case you wonder, and I know you all do sometime or another- I know this is what the Lord had for me to do this year, and I am so grateful that despite myself He led me there. And although it still hurts, both old wounds and new wounds, I am grateful that He's making me pure. And I really do want Him to have His way- He wins.

Another note...my current reading. In MCs we are reading Pastor Norm's "Ancient Path" and I am really liking it. We were supposed to be discussing it the past two weeks, but we haven't gotten past the first two chapters, lol. Each day Pastor Kevin has said "Maybe we'll get to it" but we end up having a class discussion through the whole period, and then a half an hour longer...its been so cool to see different people open up each day and the way it has just unfolded and everyone has been so willing to just follow wherever the Spirit leads. I think that has been the biggest suprise to me about this year. I had pictured a very strategic and unbending curriculum, much like high school. But it has been nothing like that- each week the verse is prayed about and determined- Pastor Kevin has even taken suggestions from interns on occasion when they felt the Lord has spoken to them. The books we have done this year have been different then past years, and far fewer than the past years. Even last year's students are suprised by how different this year looked from their's. It makes complete sense, and I think I had made a jugdement against the program and leadership that it wasn't really spirit led. I feel silly about that now. I really do love Aunt DeeAnn and PK, I had a meeting with him today, just sharing with him where I am at and repenting to him about something (don't worry, you all know) and I walked out loving him even so much more and knowing even more deeply that he really cares for us all, and for me. They have an awesome heart, and I know they make mistakes or have, but they have a heart to hear and follow the Lord, and I trust them.

The other half of my reading list right now is the second book in The Mark of The Lion trilogy- Kim, if Marcus doesn't marry Hadassa, and he married that other new girl- Tabatha, I am gonna cry and I am gonna blame it on you, lol. And I don't want Hadassah to marry Alexander either. Hm. And that's that. ;)

I love you all, and I love what God's doing right now, in me, in my class, and in all of us, and in His church as a whole.

Kim and Jason, I am so excited to see you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you crazy!

And in the famous words of an unknown (multitude of) MC..."It hurts, but its good."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No No Kati, "it's hard but it's good." Get it straight don't get it twisted.
On another note, since it appears you are only talking to dad and Kim, I am going to just stop reading your blogs! Just kidding.
It is good to hear that you are still getting alot out of the program. It is best to make the most of it and get everything you can out of it.
Love you Kati. Keep on Keepin on!
Kristin Faith