Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hey...I'm BAAACK. ;) Wow....yep, Kim's right, that was pretty much heaven for me. Most likely my favorite week all year. It was also one of the hardest though. There were a couple girls in particular who my heart just broke for and its so hard to pour into them and let them so into your heart and then just say goodbye. There were two girls in particular, Hannah who was in my cabin but went home like the second day because she was too homesick (and she was supossed to come back for each day, but only came back once) and then a little 8-year-old girl named Lillie who I got to lead to the Lord. Both opened up to me a bit about their families and my heart broke. Hannah was pretty inpenetrable..or so it appeared, but there were a couple things that showed me that she really was letting me in. Before Hannah's mom came to pick her up, I got to pray with her to receive the Lord into her life. Her parents are going through legal things and she can't really talk to her dad, and its just really rough. There are other things I am pretty sure about her too that she never told me, but I pieced together. I just so wanted her to know how much the Lord loved her. And then little Lillie, who wasn't in my cabin but raised her hand in one of the evening meetings to receive Jesus and I got to pray with her and her little friend Kennedy. BOTH ADORABLE. Well, Lillie also told me about her family and how her dad is remarried and lives in Montana and just her different thoughts and feelings about it. Oh, that girl. Then, I got to pray for her last night and after a bit I opened up my eyes and just looked her straight in the eyes as I was praying for her and speaking identity into her, and I began crying and I told her it was a good reason I was crying because I was so glad I got to pray with her to receive Jesus into her heart and tell her how much he treasures her, and told her how God sees her as His daughter, and how he wants to to talk to her and listen to her and will never miss a game. Ahh, man. Thats why it was tough too. My heart is so broken for those girls. In worship at Chapel last night I couldn't help but cry and Kate walked up to me and asked me why I was crying and I said it was okay. I held myself together mostly during worship (just a few quiet tears) but as soon as it was done and i knew i could sneak out- I got out of the chapel and went behind one of the cabin and cried so hard, it really hurt. My heart was so breaking for Hannah, and Lillie, and Kate and Kolleen, and all the other girls like them that I've known. And part of me wanted to ask the Lord to take away that burden that He gave me for young girls who are so hurt, because I sometimes doubt how my heart breaking for them can help to change anything in their life. I don't know what I can really do for them, especially in just one week. I have had this burden growing in me, probably forever. And on several occasions it has built up to a painful sobbing, where I release it just enough to bear it and then I can't cry any more and it wont go completely away. I have seen it with kate and kolleen, and with Jeannie, and with others. I told the McCuens last week when I met with them that I know I am called somehow to help young girls who have been hurt and broken, though I don't really understand how or when. Lou Engle came and spoke with us back in January and I will always remember one thing he told us, "Tears lead you to your destiny." I know I found some pieces of my destiny last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know I read your BLOG on a regular basis, Honey....
I really can't say much except that you also have me on the verge of tears.. so much compassion... I'm really moved by the things you have shared. It's funny -you can't stand to have people see you cry but you are very transparent about your emotions when you write. I love how you share yourself in your writing..... oxoxoxox DAD