Tuesday, May 06, 2008


I am at school, and terribly tired. Well, not "terribly" tired, but sleepy. I have a two hour break every Tuesday and Thursday. During this time, I usually want to cuddle up and sleep someplace....not really easy to do. I have cuddled up in a booth with my backpack and fallen asleep while reading once or twice. However, usually I do my best to keep awake. I'll do some reading homework...that is where the trouble begins, since reading puts me to sleep.

So, I have an hour left, and I felt I should catch you all up. I have roughly 5 weeks left in the quarter- then it's SUMMER! A number of you have already asked me if I'll be visiting Tennessee again this summer, and I had planned to, but it doesn't look like I will. The timing just seems problamatic, but I hope to go early fall or some time around then! Kim and Jason will be meeting up with us and the Keiths in Oregon over the Fourth of July, and I am REALLY looking forward to that (notice the count down on the right).

I have inherited a lot more responsibility at work, so I have been trying to sort through that, and keep my peace amidst the high-stress environment.

I still hve not blogged about Aime and my's weekend on Orcas Island, have I? It was wonderful! We just enjoyed life with Him, and with each other. We went on a hike and enjoyed a picnic lunch on the mountain top (where we saw three bald eagles circling!). There was a hot tub on our deck that we sat out in one night after our movie (No Reservations). I fell asleep on the floor in my swim suit and towel in front of the fire. Aimes tried to get me to go to bed, but I didn't want to, I was so soaking up the moment....then I woke up VERY confused and in some pain (from laying face down on a nearly cement floor), it took a little bit for it to come back to me where I was. lol. I got ready for bed and woke up the next morning still a little sleepy, but certainly relaxed. It was such a well-needed time of just getting away to be with the Lord and not worry about anything else but Him, and relationship with Him, and with one of my amazing sisters in the Lord. We were at peace, and we laughed A LOT.

The Lord is definitely breaking out in all of us and telling us He wants to live life with us, and for us to live life with Him- live adventures with Him! He really does. It's not just when you have the time to lay there on the floor and "soak" in His presence to the Reveras...it's also when you are riding the bus and the guy next to you reaks of smoke, or when you are grocery shopping and you get to cross paths with young moms and their toddlers, or when you get to go eat lunch with one of your good friends on a mountain top with a view so spectacular you can't help but be endowed with love for a Creator who delights even more in YOU!

There were little new butterflys all over during our hike and lunch- new life every where- new trees, clear waterfalls! And I felt it in me too- I wanted to throw back my head and fling back my arms, and just drink it all in- and I did, over and over. We laughed!

We didn't plan out 'devotional time' or try to constrain anything- we were simply listening and living and laughing, and loving, and being loved.



I kept having these childhood memories come back- my uncle pointing out constellations to me out in front of my old house, standing in the circular drive and looking deep into a star-studded mystery. I remembered my sister Kris toweling me off in the back yard after playing in the kiddy pool, one leg, then the other, my pot belly....I loved how she would do it and I would laugh and giggle. Something is being rebirthed in me- a child. Aime agreed, God is restoring a child-likeness to us- we need it to step off and dive into all the risk He's offering us!

Since being back, it has been a little tougher. This week I feel memories have still been invading me, but sad ones... I sat in my car for a half an hour yesterday- music off, car parked, in the empty church parking lot, just asking Him to go deep and heal all the memories that have been resurfacing. I want to be so completely whole and free that I can hold His presence so others can drink. I want to be filled and filled and filled so it is pouring over the edges and getting peoples feet wet, and spilling a bit onto their shirts, and hopefully making them laugh.

Taste and see that the Lord is good!

I know, I'm a bit strange, hopefully you are tracking with me. ;)


I am grateful that the Lord is bringing me a greater freedom, and He is. HE IS BRINGING ME FREEDOM. I feel I can best relate to the butterfly in the cacoon right now, pressing out, being pressed through a place that seems far to small for me, but having seen the beautiful little creatures all around the mountain top the weekend before last....Lord, press me, and complete the preparation of my wings....

Aunt DeeAnn told me one time while I was in her office talking to her that I was made to fly. I had NO idead what it meant, but I wrote it in my journal, and I've treasured it. The past few months, I keep hearing it over and over. My journal I bought back at Christmas and have been waiting to start (which I am starting NOW, go figure) is decorated by beautiful pastel trees and branches, and butterflies :)

I am off to get a coffee, and head to class, but let me leave you with this small encouragement: It is springtime, and spring means the things that have died, have made room for new growth, and new life, and new wings. :) If you feel Him touching old hurts you thought healed, don't be discouraged, just trust He's finishing the last touches, because you need whole wings to catch the air and soar.

I delight myself in the Lord!

8 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

Hello again, Kati. I appreciate your encouragement in the last paragraph. Recently, a co-worker (who is not at all a Christian) gave me a gift of a Willow Tree figurine. It wasn't until I got home that I read the outside of the box and the description made my jaw drop, "Angel of Spring: Bearing the promise of a new beginning." Since that is what the Lord has been speaking to us, I thought "Wow! God you can speak through anybody!" So, I cut out that portion of the box and pasted it in my journal.

Anonymous said...

kati..i love you. i love who you are. let's be butterflies together. =)

~a

Unknown said...

You know how they spring is the time for "spring cleaning"? Well apparently God is into spring cleaning as well :-) He's also been cleaning out the closets of some past painful memories that he wants to heal and show me how to forgive and boy is it not easy. I remember a sermon that Norm preached on when we were meeting at the Hyatt about forgiveness - how we may never forget but we must forgive. I don't want to forget the things that have shaped the person I am today, but I do need to let go and forgive so I can heal...easier than it sounds huh? Your not alone in this. Pain only keeps us from spreading our wings. I love you Little One and can't wait to see you in just under a couple months!!

Katrina Hope said...

I remember that sermon too...

51 days today!

Morgan said...

good blog. have you listened to rick pino yet? he has some fun, non-religious, child-like songs. you should definitely listen to "we have the best dad"...its awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Katrina Hope said...

Morg- Aime just showed me that song yesterday! That's halarious! I have some of his stuff in my itunes library, but I hadn't heard that one (or his "poopy diaper" song as Aime calls it). It's good stuff!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Sarah said...

Great pictures. Absolutely great! Where did you stay on Orcas?