Monday, July 28, 2008

Bathroom Update.

So, this is what I spent Friday doing.



This little piece is what inspired the whole redecoration. I found it in a little eclectic store at Alderwood Mall. I loved it!

I love springs and fountains. At first my family might think that it is hereditary from dad (and maybe it is), but it flows from a number of words I've heard the Lord tell me. A couple yers ago (in MCs) the Lord first told me I was a garden fountain. Since then, many times He has drawn on that image in our special times where He tells me how He sees me. Furthermore, one of my "life mottos" (I guess you could call it that- I usually don't) is "Taste and see that the Lord is good" they kind of go together, my life is a spring, a fountain, for the weary to come drink from- to come drink of the Lord's goodness. I want my life to say, "Taste and see that the Lord is good!" :) I wanted the bathroom to be a place of finding real rest. It's the first thing you see in the morning, and the usually the last. I'm going to write something around the top of the shower as well....where we'll read it first thing in the morning in the shower, or in the evening in a bath. And that is pretty much what is behind this bathroom.

I also happen to think it's pretty cute :)

There are a few more details to be done- touching up the edges, and building two boxes (mom and I bought the wood Saturday and had it cut. We also picked up new light shades, I put those in yesterday....it's all coming together rather nicely. I want to go get these specific hooks for the back of the door as well.)

3 comments:

Elise Mitchell said...

Kate-The bathroom looks amazing!! SO Cute, so cute!

Rachel Sarah said...

Lovely Decor. Thanks for sharing the story behind your inspiration. Is this bathroom upstairs or down?

Unknown said...

Sooooooo much better than it was! Can't wait to see it in person someday :-) Good job!!