Thursday, July 17, 2008

That's right, my favorite (living) author is about to release his 14th book! I can hardly wait! Its been just about a year since his last. Not only that, but they created another screenplay from one of his older books, which will be in theaters this fall. I don't know how excited I am for it, because it's one of my less favorites of his, plus its staring Richard Gere and Diane Lance (and James Franco). We'll see I guess. I am waiting for them to create a film from his book "A Bend in the Road", I remember I LOVED that one. That, and The Wedding are two of his best books which have yet to be adapted to films. In case you are somehow unaware (I tell most people this at one point or another), Sparks also wrote "The Notebook", "A Walk to Remember", and "Message in a Bottle" which all became films of the same names. I've saved my Barnes & Noble gift card from Kim (from my birthday back in January!!), so I can use it to buy the new Sparks book. I used to love buying books, but as of late, I've realized buying books is complicated. Because once you've read it, even if you enjoyed it, you likely wont read it again (at least not anytime in the near future)....so, you don't really want to buy a book AFTER you just read it. At the same time, when I just buy books that "look good" I often end up not even liking them and wishing I hadn't. I absolutely still love to wander used book stores- dusty and crammed. But when it comes to B&N or UW Bookstore, I spend enough money buying school books I hate for ENglish classes...I now hold off on buying random books there for pleasure.

EXCEPT for favorite authors- like Sparks. I LOVE having hardbacks of his books sitting on my shelf. And same with Shakespeare, or MacDonald, and books I'll want to digest (like Bill Johnson's and Eldredge's and others). :)

No comments: