Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I created a new blog yesterday. Poetry of Presence. Here is what I said about it in my "About me:"

"I feel called to write. The question then always comes, "What?" I usually take the cop-out of 'fantasy,' but what I really mean is much more than that. I want to write stories that are birthed from the Spirit, that touch peoples' hearts and change something deep inside of them. I am called to the broken and hurting, and I know that writing will be a tool the Lord uses to bring healing and strength. So, how do I get there?

I am a Junior, about to declare my English major with a creative writing emphasis. I am dedicated to my studies, but I feel lately that there is a new level of preparation. This blog is an outlet, for my writing to begin being read (and criticized)...and I hope it begins to leak revival in it's readers. Please let me know your thoughts and responses"

The url is: www.poetryofpresence.blogspot.com and you can follow the link down to the right(in my "Sites I Frequent" list). I'll be using this blog for developing my writing, therefore you will find the different things the Lord been dropping in my Spirit, short or long, poetry or prose, as well I suspect you will find several quotes and stories from other authors which greatly impact me.

Please take the time to comment when you do read it, as that is one of the major purposes of this blog (the other purpose being it birthing something in you, the reader). Thanks guys, and that blog url is free to pass around (unlike this one which I have kept among close friends and family).

So yes, please read, comment often (and honestly), and feel free to pass it around. I have a couple fun ideas which will make this blog pretty fun for you all to read (I hope!).

Love you all :)

No comments: